Concentrated and dynamic, Secure Plus offers a custom solution to equine digestive health problems in an effective, pelleted psyllium supplement.
Secure Plus is patented for use in horses suffering from chronic digestive issues, diarrhea, sand accumlation, and other digestive issues.
Anywhere from 60 to 70 percent of a horse’s immune function comes from digestive health. High-grade psyllium combined with a routine maintenance program improves GI motility through conditioning for optimal digestive tract function.
(common) MYTH: All psyllium works the same - it pulls sand from the gut.
This is false! The truth is psyllium is a powerful ingredient that offers many benefits in addition to sand removal. But it takes the right kind of psyllium to get the job done.
Psyllium in its original, flake form has a strong water binding action that creates a soothing, gel-like consistency in the GI tract. This promotes optimal function, mucosal healing and has been proven to lower blood glucose and insulin concentrations, all of which benefit your horse. Good GI motility is necessary to help horses quickly evacuate large quantities of sand.
Most psyllium processing methods strip the psyllium of these benefits. Our unique pelleting process ensures our psyllium retains its ability to function exactly as it should for maximum health benefits.
Arenus is proud to offer Secure Plus as a concentrated psyllium boost for your horse’s digestive health program.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT SECURE OPTION FOR YOUR HORSE
- Horses with a light work level or low stress that need a preventative digestive health aid.
- Horses requiring sand clearance or support for minor to moderate digestive health issues.
- Older horses with loose stool, diarrhea or recurring digestive issues.
- Owners that want a customizable, affordable solution to maintain their horse’s digestive health and provide rapid hindgut stabilization as needed during times of stress.
- Patented for use with horses with moderate to severe digestive issues such as recurrent gastric or colonic ulcers, colic, diarrhea, and sand accumulation.
- Horses in training, competition or high-stress environments.
- Boosts the effectiveness of horses undergoing or recovering from traditional ulcer treatments.
- Older horses with severe diarrhea or constant digestive issues.
- Owners that want a customizable solution designed to maintain digestive health and tackle tough gastric and hindgut challenges as needed.
- Powerful digestive support: Secure Plus boosts the effectiveness of routine digestive health programs. It delivers additional psyllium during times of heavy stress, exercise or digestive upset.
- Enhanced wellness and performance: Any digestive issue can disrupt your horse’s performance and comfort. Having a happy digestive system improves overall health and helps your horse stay relaxed and focused.
- Easy to feed: One of the only equine psyllium digestive aids available in a pellet form. This allows for easy feeding and enhanced palatability.
- Whole digestive support: Secure Plus works with the Secure System to support the entire digestive tract from the stomach through the hindgut.
- Customized for your horse: Secure Plus can be paired with Secure or Secure Guard to create the right solution for your horse’s digestive health needs.
- Psyllium based formula: Secure Plus contains our custom blend of pre and probiotics, yeast and digestive enzymes with an extra boost of psyllium. This promotes optimal GI function, mucosal healing and has even been proven to lower blood glucose and insulin concentrations.
- Proprietary psyllium process: Psyllium keeps your horse’s digestive tract conditioned and cleaned. Most psyllium products are highly-processed using an inferior, high-heat steam method. Arenus uses psyllium in its original, flake form and makes use of a proprietary pelleting process that protects probiotics from stomach acid.
- Effective maintenance and control: The trusted pairing of Secure Plus with a maintenance product in the Secure System addresses mild to severe digestive concerns while maintaining overall GI health.
- Clinically proven system: A published research study evaluating horses with a variety of serious GI conditions revealed that 90% of recurrent colic cases, and 100% of sand accumulation cases were resolved using the combination of Secure Guard and Secure Plus.
- Butyrate: Butyric acid, also known as butyrate, is a critical volatile fatty acid (VFA) produced in the hindgut of all horses. The high quality, high purity psyllium in Secure Plus undergoes special processing to create concentrated, powerful pellets have shown to naturally and effectively increase the production of butyrate. Butyrate is critical to colonocyte health and regeneration, and important in the prevention and reduction of gastrointestinal inflammation.
- Vet trusted supplement: The patented Secure System is a standby tool for vets across the US fighting tough digestive health challenges.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Secure Plus is designed to be used with one of the daily Secure System products (Secure, Secure Hoof or Secure Guard) and it is recommended to utilize a 4-6 week loading period when beginning an Secure System regimen to optimize digestive function as quickly as possible.
For the loading period, feed 2 level scoops of Secure Plus daily per 1100lb of body weight, or follow the dosing chart, along with the daily Secure product that best suits your horse’s needs.
For maintenance, feed the recommended dose of Secure Plus for 7 consecutive days out of each month and continue use of the daily Secure product each day as recommended in the appropriate dosing chart.
If your horse does not receive grain, Secure Plus can be given as a “treat” or fed alone at both the loading and maintenance doses.
If palatability issues arise, add small amounts of water, oil or molasses to encourage acceptance.
It is recommended that you consult your veterinarian for specific recommendations prior to adding Secure Plus, or any supplement, to your horse’s daily regimen.
Store product in a cool, dry place.
SECURE PLUS DOSING CHARTIf your horse is enrolled in the Colic Assurance Program, please refer to the dosing charts within the program.
|Type of Horse/Weight||Recommended Dosing||Servings per 7.5lb Container||Servings Per 15lb Container||Servings per 25lb Container|
|1 scoop per day||60||120||200|
|1 1/2 scoops per day||22||45||75|
|2 scoops per day||15||30||50|
|3 scoops per day||11||22||37|
Psyllium seed husk, wheat mill run, direct fed microorganism blend (distillers grain, dried Saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation product, sodium silicoaluminate, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract), brewers dried yeast, dried Saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation solubles, natural and artificial flavoring (vanilla extract).
** HUT, MWU and CU are recognized industry standards for measuring enzyme potency
Contains a source of protease which can hydrolyze proteins
Contains a source of alpha-amylase which can hydrolyze starches
Contains a source of cellulase which can break down cellulose