Shop a top-rated equine digestive care solution. Soothing and powerful, Secure Guard offers a solution to the most challenging digestive health problems in an effective, daily granular formula.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT EQUINE DIGESTIVE CARE SUPPLEMENT
- Patented to help horses with moderate to severe digestive issues such as recurrent gastric or colonic ulcers, colic, diarrhea, and sand accumulation.
- Horses in training, competition, or high-stress environments.
- Horses needing support while undergoing or recovering from traditional ulcer treatments.
- Older horses with severe diarrhea or constant digestive issues.
- Owners that want a customizable solution designed to maintain digestive health and tackle tough gastric and hindgut challenges as needed.
- Soothing relief: Ulcer treatments can wreak havoc on any horse by throwing off the normal balance of the digestive system. Secure Guard offers soothing relief and keeps the proper pH to keep your horse feeling healthy and comfortable.
- Improved performance and wellness: Any digestive issue can disrupt your horse’s performance and comfort. Cinchy and irritable horses often have underlying digestive health problems. Ulcers are painful and make travel, training and riding a nightmare for your horse. Having a calm and happy digestive system keeps your horse relaxed and focused.
- Whole digestive support: Secure Guard works to support the entire digestive tract from the stomach through the hindgut where additional gastric conditioning is required.
- Flexible, targeted coverage: Use Secure Guard daily for cost-effective maintenance of difficult gastric problems. Pair with Secure Plus during the loading period and one week out of each month for maximum benefits. Add Secure Plus during times of stress for additional support when your horse needs it most.
- Powerful, effective formula: Secure Guard contains our unique blend of pre and probiotics, psyllium, gastric buffer, digestive enzymes, yeast and calcium carbonate to sooth and restore balance to the digestive tract. The formula prevents future and recurring digestive problems.
- Unmatched protection: Typical ulcer medications can stop acid production and cause naturally occurring digestive enzymes to die off. This can allow undigested feedstuff to move through the digestive tract causing hindgut ulcers or perpetuating the occurrence of gastric ulcers. Adding a quality ulcer supplement like Secure Guard can ensure your horse's digestive tract is constantly replenished with live microbes to maintain optimal function.
- Gastrointestinal Stabilizing Technology (GST): Exclusive, proprietary technology ensures that live microbes are protected from the acidic environment of the stomach for safe delivery to the hindgut. Secure Guard and Arenus digestive aids are the only products with GST.
- Effective maintenance and control: The trusted pairing of Secure Guard and Secure Plus addresses serious ulcer and digestive concerns to support the complete digestive tract, thus maintaining overall digestive health.
- Clinically proven system: A research study evaluating horses with a variety of serious GI conditions revealed that 90% of recurrent colic cases were resolved using the combination of Secure Guard and Secure Plus. 100% of cases were significantly improved.
- Butyrate: Also known as butyric acid, butyrate is a critical volatile fatty acid (VFA) produced in the hindgut of all horses. The high quality, high purity psyllium in Secure Guard has been shown to naturally and effectively increase the production of butyrate. Butyrate is critical to colonocyte health and regeneration, and important in the prevention and reduction of gastrointestinal inflammation.
- Vet recommended formula: Secure Guard has been a standby tool for many veterinarians fighting digestive health challenges. Vets across the US trust the patented digestive health formula patented to relieve ulcers, colic, loose stool, weight loss and more.
Shop equine digestive care products at Arenus.ca today.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
For general digestive maintenance or management of digestive concerns feed horse one, level scoop daily per 1100lb of body weight or follow dosing chart.
When feeding Secure Guard with Secure Plus for additional or rapid hindgut stabilization or sand removal, it is recommended to split the daily dose of Secure Guard with each grain meal (i.e. if horse receives 1 scoop daily, give ½ scoop with morning grain and ½ scoop with evening grain) and feed Secure Plus in the evening. See Secure Plus directions and dosing for specific requirements.
If palatability issues arise, add small amounts of water, oil or molasses to encourage acceptance.
It is recommended that you consult your veterinarian for specific recommendations prior to adding Secure Guard, or any supplement, to your horse’s daily regimen.
Store product in a cool, dry place.
SECURE GUARD DOSING CHART
If your horse is enrolled in the Colic Assurance Program, please refer to the custom dosing charts within the program.
|Weight||Dosing||Servings Per 3.53lb||Servings Per 9.4lb|
|1/2 scoop per day||90 servings||240 servings|
|3/4 scoop per day||56 servings||150 servings|
|1 scoop per day||45 servings||120 servings|
|1 1/2 scoops per day||33 servings||90 servings|
** HUT, MWU and CU are recognized industry standards for measuring enzyme potency
Contains a source of protease which can hydrolyze proteins
Contains a source of alpha-amylase which can hydrolyze starches
Contains a source of cellulase which can break down cellulose